Stranahan’s 2020 Cask Thief: Stolen Sips

Winning Bid: $300.00

Limited 375ml bottles from each cask that was offered at Stranahan’s 2020 Cask Thief.

Cask Thief is a rare and unusual whiskey tasting event. Limited tickets offered. if you missed it, this is the only way you purchase these bottles.

  • The Canadian Tuxedo – Paired with a 5 year Stranahan’s with further aging bourbon barrel that then held maple syrup. Boozy and candied, this liquid may smack a bit familiar to those lucky enough to have tried last year’s snowflake.
  • Lucky Number 7 – Four years in a new charred oak, followed by three in an old irish whiskey cask gives this paddy its punch. Spice on the nose gives way to smooth Kerry Gold butter notes in the flavor profile and a nice long finish.
  • Twice Married, Once Removed – 35% of this whiskey was taken from last year’s superbly balanced “The Married Barrel” release. The remaining 65% was then blended from rich Cabernet Sauvignon finished cask. Light plum and toasted oak from the 2019 release provide a perfect accent to the rounder, fruit-forward profile of the Cabernet finished whiskey.
  • The Double Bubbler – Dry buttery finish, after 6 years in barrel. No cask finishing here, jut layers of complexity and fruit esters from Stranahan’s friendly fermentation companions.
  • Besito De Reposado – Blue agave tequila is matured in oak barrels for up to one year to create Resposado, which translates to “rested”. 4 year old whiskey in a Resposado barrel for an extra year, just enough time for it absorb a kiss of tequila flavor. Hints of pepper wrap around a floral and herbal backbone, while the barrel imparts a softer caramel character.
  • More Than Meads The Eye – Fermenting the sugars of honeybees’ hard work, often reaching an ABV higher than that of wine. Heaping amounts of blackberries were added to the base honey. Suitable as a dessert-y digestif, you will agree that this whiskey presents much More than Meads the Eye.

 

 

Donor: Stranahan's Single Malt Whiskey

0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to CBB
    Copy link
    Powered by Social Snap